October 1 was a Monday, so we planned a special day on Sunday. We decided to go up to the mountains and do a little hike. Unfortunately, I was still in the middle of a pretty bad cold, so things ended up being a little more low-key than we imagined. We drove up to Brainard Lake in the afternoon. It looked like a beautiful day outside but once we got out of the car we realized it was actually really cold and incredibly windy!! Did I mention there was snow? This cut our mountain walk quite short--after about five minutes we were back in the car and heading down. We took an alternate route and drove through Ward--shockingly, it was Aaron's first time, not what you'd expect from a Colorado native! He was in awe. ;-) We ended up just taking a walk with Bailey on the Boulder Creek Path, going to church, and grabbing a late dinner.
Aaron took me to the Red Square in Denver for dinner on Monday. Mmmmm...it was so delicious! We both ordered a trout stuffed with crab...yum! They even gave us a free dessert!

1 comment:
"She looked at him.
He looked at her..."
Hmmm... I KNOW that look!!! :o)
Also, you weren't kidding about the wind at Brainard Lake. I love the shot of Anna's hair blowing forward at a 45 degree angle.
Happy 1st Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment