Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy 3rd birthday Micah!


























These pics are actually from mid-Oct (2 years 9 months) but they're definitely the best shots we've been able to get in the past many months. Aaron's coworker Brice took some pictures for us then...I will try to backtrack and post some more soon.

But back to Micah, he turned THREE on January 13th! Sometimes it's amazing how quickly time goes by. No longer a baby anymore, this one brings keeps us busy and fills our days with much joy (and of course much drama, as many 2 to 3-year-old little people do). He loves music, reading, pretend-play, and being outside. For Christmas he asked for a violin and a weedwacker--and was very happy to receive both. We have quite the ensemble of instruments at this point (all toys or kids' instruments--aka inexpensive). If you're looking for someone to jam with, come on over to our place. Micah at one point named our family band "Waterpipe" which Aaron and I agreed was a pretty legitimate band name.

He got his first shiner a few days before his birthday (pictures to come). I'm not totally sure what happened...he was running at the grocery store and - I think - ran straight into a sharp counter corner. I looked up once the screaming started. It was instantly swollen and turned black and blue. For as bad as it looked, he recovered pretty quickly. He somehow managed to get a finger injury in the same trip...then later that day, he bit down on a glass Christmas ornament that shattered in his mouth...not our best day!!!

He is still earning is long-running nickname of "Mr. Snuggles" and continues to have a funny little sense of humor. We're seeing more sudden outbursts..."But I wanted to put the honey on my sandwich!!!!" and similar tantrums. I guess this is pretty normal?? I hear three is the new two. He is pretty sweet with his sister but still likes to pretend to be "baby Micah" now and then.

There are many conversations that I want to record and a million things happen and by the end of the day I've forgotten too many cute exchanges. Here's one of the few I remember from the past many months:

Micah: [from the backseat of the car, with a big smile on his face] Daddy, I don't love you!
Daddy: [pretending to cry]
Micah: Mama, you feel better Daddy while I keep snacking!

Happy, happy 3rd birthday dear Micah James! We love you and are so blessed to have you in our life!


No comments: