Sunday, May 29, 2011

Our growing guy

The blog's been quiet for a while now....hard to find time to post these days, but I've realized that I've been slacking in keeping any kind of Micah record, so I need to catch up on writing down a few things. Here's your fair warning before I go all "baby book" on you.

Micah started walking around 14.5 months. He really took off at 15 months and now it's hard to remember him not walking anymore. He's been such a cuddly baby that his growing independence is a relief to me...don't get me wrong, we love all the snuggles but it's great that this "hold me" guy can entertain himself for small chunks of time now.

I posted about this earlier, but it's worth mentioning again: he loves to help out around the house. We now own a toy broom, vacuum, shovel and rake. He insists that Aaron and I rake when we're in the backyard. Rake the grass and dirt....since there are no leaves. Which brings me to his latest passion: mowing the lawn. We were out in the backyard yesterday when Aaron started to mow. We watched for a while and he got upset when I wanted to go inside. He nearly cried when the mower stalled a few times. He liked it so much that Aaron put him in the backpack to mow the front lawn and he did cry once that was over. Since then, he says "mow, mow" every time we go outside. We're hoping this enthusiasm can be revived in, say, another 13 years.

Other loves include singing and dancing. For the past few months, he will either request certain songs or else cut us off with a "no" or "um" until we choose a song he's happy with. He loves hiding behind curtains and playing "I'm gonna get you." He enjoys reading books more and more and watching us cook.

We've definitely seen tantrums emerge lately. He also enjoys telling us "no no no" while doing things (or getting close to doing things) he's not supposed to do.

Yesterday at the park he hugged 3 different little girls--and chased one. One of the other moms there said he was a real "ladies man." Ha.

No comments: