My mom came out to visit for my birthday and Mother's Day. It was so much fun to have her here! She took me shopping, we saw a hilarious play in Denver with Aaron's mom and sister, we had a great Mother's Day brunch at our place with all the Schmohes, and we spent our last day in downtown Boulder.


With the addition of Max to our family, I now have a TRUE appreciation of Bailey. I'm convinced she may not really be a dog at all. She's calm and sweet and smells good. Our trainer told us that "she is the dog that makes you fall in love with dogs." Pretty much.
Look at that "love me" face. These are the eyes that are flashed at us when we talk about giving him away. It's been a tough spring with our six-foot-fence-jumping, tree-climbing, leash-challenged Mr. Max. So this is what it's like to own a regular dog. Hmm. After observing that he is very smart and very stubborn, our trainer said that "he is the dog that will make you a good dog owner." Apparently, we're too nice and we need to be tougher, so we're working on that. And after months of what has felt like wasted effort, both Aaron and I feeling like we're starting to make some headway...so that is an enormous relief. I think God is trying to prepare me for children.

No comments:
Post a Comment