Sunday, March 8, 2009

Happenings

Meet our newest family member...Max! He is a one-year-old border collie mix that we adopted from Western Border Collie Rescue. It has definitely been an adjustment to have a puppy after years with easy, low-maintenance Bailey (though she didn't start out that way!). Fatalities so far: My partially chewed-up mouthguard. Still a sore subject but, in an act of complete thriftiness, Aaron and I have attempted to resurrect it. Surprises: DIRT. I know what you're thinking: Of course two dogs will be more dirty than one and given all the dogsitting we've done, I thought I was prepared for this...but no way! Max LOVES other dogs and LOVES to play, so he is constantly wrestling Bailey to the ground and they have been covered in dust every day. We have temporarily solved this problem by putting a tarp down in our backyard (and they are now rolling around on the tarp instead). And we may keep it there forever. Ugly? Yes. Weird? Yes. Having a cleaner house and dogs you actually want to touch? Completely worth it!! All that said, Max is a sweetheart and he's already won us over.






I made a trip to Washington state to visit one of my closest friends, Kristen, and meet her beautiful daughter. Kristen cooked many delicious meals and we had a great time just being together and enjoying little Miss Cora! Miss you guys already.





No comments: